Table of Contents
What is Acne?
Acne is a common skin condition that affects most people at some point. It causes spots, oily skin and sometimes skin that’s hot or painful to touch.
Type of spots caused by Acne
There are 6 main types of spot caused by acne:
- blackheads – small black or yellowish bumps that develop on the skin; they’re not filled with dirt, but are black because the inner lining of the hair follicle produces pigmentation (colouring)
- whiteheads – have a similar appearance to blackheads, but may be firmer and won’t empty when squeezed
- papules – small red bumps that may feel tender or sore
- pustules – similar to papules, but have a white tip in the centre, caused by a build-up of pus
- nodules – large hard lumps that build up beneath the surface of the skin and can be painful
- cysts – the most severe type of spot caused by acne; they’re large pus-filled lumps that look similar to boils and carry the greatest risk of causing permanent scarring
Treatments for Acne:
Treatment for acne depends on how severe it is. It can take several months of treatment before acne symptoms improve.
If you just have a few blackheads, whiteheads and spots, you should be able to treat them successfully with over-the-counter gels or creams (topical treatments) that contain benzoyl peroxide.
Prescription medications that can be used to treat acne include:
- topical retinoids
- topical antibiotics
- azelaic acid
- antibiotic tablets
- in women, the combined oral contraceptive pill
- isotretinoin tablets
If you have severe acne, your GP can refer you to an expert in treating skin conditions (dermatologist).
Top Rated Products for Treating Acne
- DIM, A REVOLUTION IN HORMONE BALANCE – DIM supplements aid in hormone balance by supporting the body’s metabolism of excess estrogen; For women, Diindolylmethane supports during menopause, PCOS, night sweats, hot flashes, weight loss and hormonal acne
- DIM IS A MUST HAVE FOR MEN TOO – For men, DIM may help reduce excess estrogen and aid with physical fitness, prostate health, gynecomastia, energy, and weight loss; As an estrogen blocker, DIM supplements are a powerful aromatase inhibitor
- NATURAL VITAMINS: Probiotics and enzymes are included to offer a comprehensive and all-in-one formula for preteens, and teenagers aged 12 to 18.
- TEENS HEALTH BLEND: Nutrient rich fermented and organic fruits and veggies including blueberry fruit, broccoli, carrot, cranberry fruit, ginger, kale, orange fruit, pomegranate fruit, raspberry fruit and spinach containing natural antioxidants to help neutralize free radicals in the body, supporting the immune system and energy levels.
- BEST ACNE TREATMENT SUPPLEMENT Natural vitamin supplements clear skin by reducing pimples, blemishes and breakouts.
- REDUCE OILY SHINE Regulate sebum (oil) production for normalized pores and less oily skin.
- IMPROVE SKIN TEXTURE AND HEALING OF SCARS Clear toxins from skin by improving blood circulation, promote healing of scars and youthful clear skin.
- HIGH POTENCY | 1300mg of Cold-Pressed Evening Primrose Oil with 10% GLA per liquid softgel
- BENEFITS | May help to Maintain Healthy Skin & A Balanced Immune Response.*
- QUALITY | Non-GMO and formulated Without Hexane, Gluten, Soy, Artificial Colorings, Stearates Or Titanium Dioxide.
- Immune System Boost
- Enhanced Nutrient ABsorption
- Acid-resistant Pills
- Supports Digestive Health
Why I created Chem-club for you?
Chem-club Lifestyle Coaching Company focused on fitting the training and nutrition to the client and not the opposite way around. We’ve built our foundation around the incontrovertible fact that every single person we are available in contact with could be a different individual: different body, goals, hormones, social responsibilities, schedules, dietary history, and views on what “being fit” really means.
When it affects training and nutrition, credible coaching and education is the key to noticing results that last forever.
At Chem-club, it’s our task to develop world-class coaching, education, and accountability to ensure our clients achieve the results they came to us for. We’ve got many free articles to assist educate you extra.