Table of Contents
What is Stress?
Stress is a feeling of not being able to cope with cetain events or requirements. It can be emotional, physical or even inexplicable types. When we encounter stress, our body is proned to produce stress hormones that trigger a ‘flight or fight’ response and activate our immune system, contrary to misconstrusions, anxiety is actually a response to stress.
Physiological/Emotional Stress may include but not limited to:
- Depression or anxiety.
- Anger, irritability, or restlessness.
- Feeling overwhelmed, unmotivated, or unfocused.
- Trouble sleeping or sleeping too much.
- Racing thoughts or constant worry.
- Problems with your memory or concentration.
- Making bad decisions.
How to manage stress?
Health professionals may not usually prescribe medications for managing stress, however, if an underlying illness is being treated, such as depression or an anxiety disorder, an exception may be done.
In such cases, they may prescribe an antidepressant. However, there is a risk that the medication will only mask the stress, rather than help the person deal with it. Antidepressants can also have adverse effects, and they may worsen some complications of stress, such as low libido.
Developing coping strategies before stress becomes chronic or severe can help an individual manage new situations and maintain their physical and mental health.
People who are already experiencing overwhelming stress should seek medical assistance.
People may find that the following lifestyle measures can help them manage or prevent stress-induced feelings of being overwhelmed.
- Exercise: A 2018 systematic review of animal studies found that exercise can reduce memory impairment in subjects with stress, although studies on humans are necessary to confirm this.
- Reducing the intake of alcohol, drugs, and caffeine: These substances will not help prevent stress, and they can make it worse.
- Nutrition: A healthful, balanced diet containing plenty of fruit and vegetables can help maintain the immune system at times of stress. A poor diet can lead to ill health and additional stress.
- Priority management: It may help to spend a little time organizing a daily to-do list and focusing on urgent or time sensitive tasks. People can then focus on what they have completed or accomplished for the day, rather than on the tasks they have yet to complete.
- Time: People should set aside some time to organize their schedules, relax, and pursue their own interests.
- Breathing and relaxation: Meditation, massage, and yoga can help. Breathing and relaxation techniques can slow down the heart rate and promote relaxation. Deep breathing is also a central part of mindfulness meditation.
- Talking: Sharing feelings and concerns with family, friends, and work colleagues may help a person “let off steam” and reduce feelings of isolation. Other people may be able to suggest unexpected, workable solutions to the stressor.
- Acknowledging the signs: A person can be so anxious about the problem causing the stress that they do not notice the effects on their body. It is important to be mindful of any changes.
Top Rated Products for Combating Stress
- MOOD, ANXIETY & SLEEP SUPPORT – 5-HTP is the primary precursor to serotonin production in the body. Increased levels of serotonin have been scientifically shown to promote positive mood, anxiety relief and better sleep.
- BCAAs 2:1:1 ratio of leucine, isoleucine, valine
- RECOVERY take your training efforts to the next level by supporting endurance and recovery
- ACTIVE LIFESTYLE help your active lifestyle by supplementing with ON BCAA capsules
- EASY TO SWALLOW CAPSULES
- AVAILABLE IN 60 count, 200 count, 400 count BOTTLES
- Rhodiola comes in easy-to-swallow vegetarian capsules and helps you stay focused and alert throughout the day, keeping you on track to stay positive, excel, and win the day.
- Rhodiola has the ability to boost your reduce stress, immunity and defend against disease and cell damage that can drag you down, stabilizing and maintaining your body and overall well being to help you live a balanced, healthy life.
- Promotes Calmness
- Restores a sense of calm
- Reduces stress and anxiety
- SUPPORTS HEALTHY ADRENAL FUNCTION. Drug-free formula supports adrenal function and helps to control cortisol levels.
- PROMOTES HEALTHY CORTISOL LEVELS. Formulated to promote balanced cortisol response, a powerful hormone released during times of stress.
- SUPPORTS RELAXATION AND HELPS REDUCE STRESS. Ashwagandha and rhodiola extracts help promote relaxation. Included magnesium provides an added calming effect.
Why I created Chem-club for you?
Chem-club Lifestyle Coaching Company focused on fitting the training and nutrition to the client and not the opposite way around. We’ve built our foundation around the incontrovertible fact that every single person we are available in contact with could be a different individual: different body, goals, hormones, social responsibilities, schedules, dietary history, and views on what “being fit” really means.
When it affects training and nutrition, credible coaching and education is the key to noticing results that last forever.
At Chem-club, it’s our task to develop world-class coaching, education, and accountability to ensure our clients achieve the results they came to us for. We’ve got many free articles to assist educate you extra.